Friday, January 21, 2011

The Plan

I know I can’t fight alone. The first step in my plan will be to get as many people as I can to come along with me to Wal-Mart. I would get people involved by posting posters around my school and maybe organizing a civil disobedience meeting at lunchtime. I would also send out emails and then get my family and friends included. Once I organized a big enough group, we would act. Sometime during February or March we would march/drive over to the closest Wal-Mart with signs and set up for a hopefully successful protest. The next step would be to go inside the Wal-Mart and non-violently say a speech over the P.A. system to try and convince the workers to stop working and join us. If we are or aren’t successful in that step, we would still get a couple of speeches going to try and create awareness. Lastly, if all works out, Wal-Mart would improve the working conditions and salary for their employees.

No comments:

Post a Comment